test

Does Jesus suffer from a spiritual malady?

Bednar (Conference Oct 2006): To be offended is a choice we make … To believe that someone or something can make us feel offended, angry, hurt, or bitter diminishes our moral agency and transforms us into objects to be acted upon … In many instances, choosing to be offended is a symptom of a much deeper and more serious spiritual malady. 

Nelson (Conference Oct 2018): When the Savior clearly states what the name of His Church should be and even precedes His declaration with, “Thus shall my church be called,” He is serious. And if we allow nicknames to be used or adopt or even sponsor those nicknames ourselves, He is offended. 


So, what does it mean if Jesus is suffering from a deep spiritual malady? Also, how would I feel if I had dedicated time and effort into the "I'm a Mormon" campaign of the late 2000's early 2010's? I didn't create a profile because I didn't think it was worth my time, I'm barely on social media, if I had spent time creating one and advertising it, I think I would have been just a little bothered that Jesus told the Prophet to double down on "mormon" around 2010 but then told the Prophet in 2018 that he was offended by the use of the Mormon nick name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be published unless they reveal personal identifying information about the commenter or the author.