test

WWI, Saved by a voice in his head

"I was eating my dinner in a trench with several comrades. Suddenly a voice seemed to be saying to me, 'Get up and go over there.' It was so clear and insistent that I obeyed automatically, as if it had been a military order. I rose at once to my feet and walked twenty yards along the trench carrying my dinner in its tin can with me. Then I sat down to go on eating, my mind being once more at rest. Hardly had I done so when a flash and deafening report came from the part of the trench I had just left. A stray shell had burst over the group in which I had been sitting, and every member of it was killed."(edited) - Adolf Hitler http://nizkor.com/hweb/people/h/hitler-adolf/oss-papers/text/oss-profile-01.html  


Why would God save Hitler? 

Maybe God does love everyone despite the horrible things they might do and maybe he wanted to give Hitler a chance to use his agency for good, even though an omniscient God would know Hitler wasn't going to use it for good.

Maybe we all have voices in our heads that we attribute to God when something good happens but we ignore when something bad happens or when nothing interesting happens?

Maybe God is evil and knew Hitler would be one of the most evil people to ever live so he helped him out in this situation? 

1 comment:

  1. It is so simple to look at an event and only see the bad. War is terrible, but have you ever looked for the good that came from WW2. Medical advances form Nazi, Germany and every other small and major advance from any war. God works in mysteries ways. What we perceive as evil may in the long run have benefited humanity more than we can ever know. More people are alive today because of WW2 than those that died and as much as historian will never it admit it. This is a truth.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published unless they reveal personal identifying information about the commenter or the author.