test

Repentance is impossible in Mormonism

According to the Doctrine and Covenants

D&C 82:7 - And now, verily I say unto you, I, the Lord, will not lay any sin to your charge; go your ways and sin no more; but unto that soul who sinneth shall the former sins return, saith the Lord your God. 

But the bible says:

Hebrews 8:12 - For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. 


Isiah 43:25 - I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. 


Hebrews 10:17 - And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 


The bible tells us God remembers sins no more, the D&C says the sins we've repented of come back if we sin again. 

If God isn't a god of confusion then why is he telling different groups of people different bits of conflicting information? 

If Mormonism is true and if no one is perfect then no Mormon can ever be saved because all your past sins come back each time you sin. The only way to salvation in Mormonism is to repent right before you die and then immediately die before you can sin. 

This is Mormon doctrine, it's in the scriptures, the literal definition of doctrine, why would god reveal something like this to the prophet if it wasn’t doctrine and why would he want us to think he's merciful when this is clearly not merciful in the least? 

If Joseph Smith got it wrong then how can I trust anything he said? How do I know when he got something right versus when he got something wrong that just hasn’t been rescinded yet? 


1 comment:

  1. I have learned that truth is subjective and all things must be accepted on faith. I do not put my faith in men because I view all men as weak and flawed, which includes myself and the leaders of the church. You must act according to your own faith and beliefs. I personally often find the churches definition of sin to specific. I would like to think gods definition of sin includes an intent to sin meaning that the person sinning must mean to sin for it to be a sin. Since god can see to the soul he would know if the intent was truly there or not. Most will probably think this is to board, but I do believe that our actions and intentions (or another definition might be our ability to understand the possible negative and positive effects of an act) will be judge together as part of a whole. I doubt I am explaining this clearly but I hope you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be published unless they reveal personal identifying information about the commenter or the author.